CONTENT DISCLAIMER: The content on this page is strictly for entertainment purposes only. The content below has not been medically reviewed and is not intended to offer advice for use or intended use. For more information about kratom and its potential dangers, please visit the fda.gov site.
As you may already know, kratom is classified into three separate categories, based on the color of their veins – red vein, white vein, and green vein kratom. Any single kratom strain can be made into these three types of kratom, depending on the time of harvest and processes used to produce the powder.
When users are looking to feel relaxed, they turn to red vein kratom, the most popular of the three kratom variants. For those who want to boost their energy and focus to start the day right, white vein kratom gives them the pick-me-up they need. But what if you wanted both of these effects at the same time? What if you wanted to feel relaxed yet focused, and energetic, at the same time? Enter green vein kratom powder.
Green vein kratom is said to be a hybrid of the red vein and white vein kratom strains. It possesses the benefits of both strains, albeit at a milder strength than usual. What causes this to even happen, you ask? The answer lies in how kratom is harvested, and how the kratom gets their colors in the first place.
You see, the veins of kratom leaves change in color depending on how mature they are. When they’re just starting off, they are white in color. Growing up, they turn green, and once they reach full maturity, the veins of the kratom leaf turn red in color. That’s how any kratom strain can be turned into a red, white, or green vein – by harvesting at specific points in its maturity.
For green vein kratom strains, it is harvested in the middle of its growth phase, past its early stages but well before its maturity. Because of this, the resulting kratom powder contains the benefits of both white vein and red vein kratom strains. Read on to find out all the shared benefits it has, and how much you should take your average green vein kratom strain per dose.
1. Green Malay – Green Malay is the most popular green strain on the market currently.
2. Green Borneo – Green Borneo is the second highest rated green vein strain.
3. Green Maeng Da – Green Maeng Da is the third most popular.
4. Green Horn – Green Horn is similar to Green Maeng Da
5. Green Indo – Green Indo is the fifth most popular green strain.
6. Super Green Malay – Super Green Malay is an enhanced version or Green Malay.
7. Green Thai – Green Thai is the sixth most popular green strain.
8. Green Dragon – Green Dragon has surged in popularity over recent years.
9. Green Vietnam – Green Vietnam is the 9th most popular strain.
10. Green Sumatra – Green Sumatra is similar to Green Borneo.
11. Green Riau – Green Riau is quickly becoming a more recognized strain.
12. Super Green Indo – Super Green Indo is an enhanced version of Green Indo.
13. Green Cambodian – Green Cambodian is the 13th most popular green vein.
14. Green Hulu – Green Hulu Kapuas is less known but quickly growing in popularity.
15. Green Jongkong – Green Jongkong is said to possibly help deal with relaxation and easing tension.
16. Green Kali – Green Kali Kratom’s analgesic effect is quite potent, especially for certain green vein kratom strains.
17. Green Papua – Green Papua Kratom might help clear your mind.
18. Super Green Bali – Super Green Bali Kratom is said to potentially be a great energy booster.
Green vein kratom, in a nutshell, is your “jack-of-all-trades” for kratom. It has all the important benefits of both red and white vein kratom strains, but it usually doesn’t deliver that same punch compared to the other two. As such, it can be used as a one-size-fits-all solution for just about any situation. Alternatively, if you’re looking to experience the effects of both red vein and white vein kratom strains, then you can do so with green vein kratom strains without having to take the other two at the same time.
Relaxation. A big reason why red vein kratom strains are so popular is that they might give you that relaxing, almost blissful sensation when ingested. This effect might also be present in green vein kratom, allowing you to possibly get a good’s night rest or enjoy company with friends more than usual. It might also be useful to loosen up when you’ve had a long stressful day.
Energy-boosting. Did you know that many use white vein kratom powder as a caffeine and coffee substitute? That’s because its most common potential effect is its energy-boosting property. Green vein kratom powder also might have this effect, and might work in tandem with its relaxing properties to deliver an energetic, but not antsy, feeling. It might be a lot better than the adrenaline rush you feel whenever you drink caffeine.
Focus-improving. Finding yourself dozing off every now and then with other thoughts in mind? You might be able to sharpen your focus with green vein kratom strains. The potential focus-improving ability of green vein kratom strains allows users to potentially focus on the task at hand without being interrupted by other thoughts that you may have.
Longer-lasting. While the effects of green vein kratom strains are generally less potent than that of their red and white counterparts, they are potentially longer-lasting. That means they might be great if you want to put yourself in a mood for an extended period of time.
Green vein kratom strains differ in their doses, as some can be more potent than others. Some strains are also longer-lasting than others, which means you may only need to take one dose a day at most for some. In general, though, as it is with most kratom powders, you want to start off with a gram or two, and half of that if you haven’t even tried kratom before.
As you gain tolerance to the kratom, you can slowly increase your doses by a gram or two until you feel comfortable with around 5-7 grams a dose. Keep in mind that 7-8 grams is the general limit for kratom powder, and any more per dose can lead to some negative side-effects, including headaches, nausea, and a weakened body.
Another thing to point out is that since green vein kratom strains last longer than red and white vein kratom strains, be sure to take them during the day if you can. Many green vein kratom strains have some level of energy-boosting ability, which may affect your sleep.
At the end of the day, green vein kratom strains don’t offer nearly as much potency as red vein or white vein kratom strains. So, if you’re looking for more potent effects, go for red vein kratom if you want a better high, or white vein if you want to feel more energetic.